GSF-SYRUP Primary Research Study – Summery
Samples of GSF-SYRUP were sent out to 360 diabetes centres, followed by a questionnaire.
The aim was, to receive written feedback from the healthcare professionals, regarding GSF-SYRUP.
The questionnaire contained 9 questions - 3 were open questions, 3 were closed questions, and 3
were about the person submitting the answers.
Healthcare professionals formed the majority of those who received the questionnaire,
- 59% were Diabetes Specialist Nurses
- 30% were Paediatric Diabetes Nurses
- 7% were Clinical Lead/Manager
- 4% were Consultants
and the response rate was 7%.
Summary of the key results
a. When asked “what their patients thought of the different flavours of GSF-SYRUP”:
- 74% of the participants responded positively towards the flavours,
- 7% of the participants gave “No Comment”
- 7% of the participants were undecided (had both positive and negative comments)
- 4% of the participants commented negatively about the flavours.
b. On the question regarding ‘ease of use’
- 92.6% of the participants said that GSF-SYRUP was easy to use.
- 4% of the participants were undecided (had both positive and negative comments)
- There were no negative comments about the ease of use.
c. The overall feeling about GSF-SYRUP was
- 78% of the participants were positive.
- 15% of the participants were undecided
- 4% of the participants gave a negative comment.
e. Regarding prescribing GSF-SYRUP,
- 44% of the participants are prescribing GSF-SYRUP,
- 52% of the participants are not prescribing GSF-SYRUP directly, but the majority of them
refer the prescribing information to the GP or the patient.
- 4% of the participants made no comment.
There is a definite, positive opinion in the use of GSF-SYRUP amongst clinicians.